We are coming down to the last few days before Spring! ... shorts, tank tops, bathing suits... So it's literally CRUNCH time! My favorite CRUNCH is the bicycle crunch... see below...
This week is a double-challenge: abs and greens!
1) focus on abs for at least 10-15 minutes per workout, 2-3 days per week. I like to add abdominal exercises at the end of my regular workouts and then stretch while I am still on the floor. Here are some ideas to try:
- bicycle crunches - 1 minute (slow)
- plank - 1 minute
- bicycle crunches - 1 minute (faster)
- side plank - 30 seconds per side
- reverse crunches - 1 minute
repeat (this gets you to about 10 minutes of ab work)
2) add in extra greens to your diet this week! I like to drink extra protein shakes w/the greens mixed in as a meal replacement once per day, as well as darker leafy greens in my salads at night. Here's my favorite kale salad recipe... you can add grilled chicken to it for extra protein.
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, mashed
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
2 bunches kale (ribs removed and leaves sliced into 1/4 inch shreds)
1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Add the kale and toss well to coat. Let the salad sit at room temperature for 10-30 minutes. Add the grated cheese and toss again. Garnish with additional cheese shavings before serving.
Good luck this week! I'm here if you have questions!