We are in the LAST week of this PHIT Challenge! You have made some amazing changes so far this year! Here's what we've accomplished...
- Week #1: CLEANSE - 90 oz of water per day, one green shake per day, and no added sugars. This 1-week cleanse can be done any time you feel the need to de-bloat or just hit reset. Spring break prep week is a great opportunity - wink, wink :)
- Week #2: Couch to 5k Challenge - www.c25k.com - this is a plan to build your running distance slowly up to a 5k race.
- Week #3: Sugar Detox - keep your sugar intake as low as possible... NO processed foods with sugar content above 7 grams per serving.
- Week #4: Pushup Challenge! You should still be doing these daily... pushups make for pretty sleeveless arms :)
- Week #5: Food Prep - I recommend Sundays, but you can choose the day that suits you best!
- Week #6: Resistance training - building muscle gives you curves, not bulk!
- Week #7: Simple, clean food - keep your meals simple (lean protein + veggies) to get the best results!
- Week #8: Resistance training (again) - revisit this blog for some great workout options!
- Week #9: Partner Challenge - workout, meal plan, and stay accountable with a friend!
- Week #10: Water - I challenge you to keep working on this one! If you are currently at a gallon per day, great! If not, make that your goal :)
- Week #11: Hypertrophy/increase your resistance - this one seems to be scary to some... but I promise, you will not be disappointed with the results that increasing your resistance will give your body!
- Week #12: Greens and abs - keep adding extra greens to your diet and an extra day of abs to your workouts!
- Week #13!!!! This one wraps up the Challenge... SPRINTS!
Adding sprints once per week (or more) can help you really cut that body fat. Pick one day - I do this on the weekends usually - start by warming the muscles with light movement, such as a light jog (you want to get the circulation going before you start). Then, stretch the hamstrings, glutes, quads, calves, and hips. After you feel loose, you are ready! You are going to do 4-5 sprints with 2 minutes of rest in between. Pick a short distance (200-300 m) to perform your all-out sprint intervals... sprint, then use the break to walk back to the starting position, and repeat.
Have a great Spring Break!